Hi, I am Jamie. Most people would say I am soft and sweet, but as is usually the case for most people, I am a little fiery and maybe occasionally spunky too. As Anne of Green Gables would say,
“There’s such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I’m such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne, it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn’t be half so interesting.”
Interesting or not, I am me, and God created me, so I am utterly fascinating. Just like you.
I am a Jesus girl who wants to love others (including you) just like Jesus would. People come to me because I know the Word of God and have a unique perspective on culture and church because of my love for Jesus. My essays and insights into the heart of God help others to know God and grow deeper in love with Him. To find out more about things I believe, click here.
I am married to Daniel, and we have three kiddos, Annabelle, Elijah, and Lisabeth. We are the Happy Harpers
Welcome to my internet home, where I have absolutely no intention of world domination or internet fame or notoriety.
This space exists to help broken men and women find joy by looking at God’s beauty. As we delight in Him, we will grow in the depths of God, deeper into the home we long for, deeper into Love, mending our cracks and allowing them to be places for His glory to shine. It is a space for conversations on Christianity, church, culture, and truth through the lens of Kingdom Love and Home.
These are the categories you can find me writing in, through the lens of Kingdom Love and Beauty:
- Growing Deeper – posts that press deeper into the heart of God
- Hospitality – posts on loving others as God would love them
- Whimsitivity – poems or playful prose or just posts written more creativity; I made this word up to express whimsical creativity and sensitivity
- Jamie’s Journal – posts on my random thoughts (the way my blog started)
- Happy Harper Home Journal – posts on family life
- Church – posts on the church universal
- An example of this would be Reforming Church: selling us, where I talk about shepherds and their church responsibilities
- Culture – posts on culture
- Sometimes a posts falls into multiple categories like this one, which is about church, culture, and hospitality: Thy Kingdom Come: to love a stranger
- Books – where I talk about books I have read and loved or not loved
For now, you will find that I typically post once a week.
Join me as we become Deeply Rooted in Love so that we may see God’s glory and find joy in Him?